Vocab Videos SAT Vocabulary Workbook
The Vocab Videos SAT vocabulary workbook is an effective companion guide to our online vocabulary platform. Teachers can use our workbooks with their students to go along with the episodes they view as a class. Workbook material includes:
500 high-frequency vocabulary words you need to know for the SAT
Definitions, pronunciation guides, and example sentences
Synonyms and categories to form connections between words
Roots, etymologies, and other memory aids
Vocab Videos Workbook
A strong vocabulary is important for high school English classes, standardized tests like the SAT, and future success in life. Vocab Videos is your gateway to that success. The Vocab Videos Workbook can be used alongside the videos featured on VocabVideos.com to help review these essential vocabulary words and reinforce their meanings. Mastering these words will not only increase your vocabulary and SAT scores, but also improve your overall reading ability.
Workbook features include:
- 500 high-frequency vocabulary words you need to know for the SAT
- Definitions, pronunciation guides, and example sentences
- Synonyms and categories to form connections between words
- Roots, etymologies, and other memory aids
The workbook includes some of the materials found on our online platform, and features Vocab Videos flashcards, definition lists, category lists, and useful appendices.
Vocab Videos Vocabulary Flashcards
Flashcard formatting allows you to use the workbook to quiz yourself. Fold the page in half along the middle line so you only see the left side, keeping the right side hidden. Try to remember the definitions of all the words without looking at the right side.
On the left side of each page you'll find:
- The word itself
- The word's part of speech
- Pronunciation guide
- Blank lines for you to write sentences, synonyms, mnemonic devices, or anything you want to help you remember words
On the right you'll find:
- The definition of the word
- The example sentence used in the original video
Some, but not all, words may also have:
- Synonyms: A list of other words that have the same meaning as this word
- Categories: Sometimes, words have similar or overlapping meanings; we've grouped these into categories with names to help you associate these words with each other
- Word Alerts: These notes give information about roots and relationships between words
The book organizes the vocabulary words as they appear in Vocab Videos episodes. Each chapter begins with a brief episode description and neatly lists all featured words + definitions.
Category lists group words by common themes helping you understand the subtle differences between similar words and when to use them.
The back of the book features appendices for your reference:
- Appendix A: lists all the words in alphabetical order and the episodes they appear in
- Appendix B: lists all the words in the order they appear on the website and the words they contain
- Appendix C: lists all the categories shown on the cards, the words in each category, and their definitions